Software of GIS Boryspil is assigned for creating, filling and maintenance of geospatial objects database in an actual state on Boryspil Airport territory.
GIS Boryspil contains programmed means and databases, which support automatized accomplishment of the following basic functions concerning creating and using of geospatial objects database on Boryspil Airport territory:
- forming and supporting of geospatial objects on Boryspil Airport territory;
- creating and work of specialized cartographical Web-server on the base of an electronic map on Boryspil Airport territory;
- forming of requests to a database for objects search by attributive information;
- review of interactively chosen map objects attributes;
- interactive estimation of map objects coordinates, distance between points and objects area;
- forming, supporting and using of topographical objects classifier on Boryspil Airport territory; with an access to it on a cartographical Web-server of a geoportal;
- keeping the users register of GIS Boryspil with a determination of a regulated access to informational resources and geoportal programmed means for two categories (groups) of users: administrator and geoportal user.
Server of a database is realized in a management system object-relational database (DBMS) PostgreSQL, which is elaborated in University of California, Berkeley (USA) and it is easily accessible on the Internet, including statement texts of programmes and documentation. To manage geospatial data on the server, there used a standard expansion module PostgreSQL DBMS – Postgis.
Clients components functionate in the medium of a standard web browser Chrome 1.0, Mozilla 1.0, Opera 9.0, MS Internet Explorer 9.0 and are loaded from the server at the beginning of a session as a usual HTML-page with a minimal amount of informational resources, necessary to support a graphical interface of user’s interaction with a programme.
Such a logical GIS of Boryspil client-server architecture admits scaling and different types of concrete programmed-technical complexes physical realization.