GIS for management of a fan-zone in Kyiv during 2012 UEFA European Football Championship
There was elaborated an Internet portal for representing a full reference information of «Euro-2012» host city Kyiv in English, Russian, Ukrainian languages for mobile (laptop, mobile phone, Handheld) and desktop devices through the Internet. Organization of leisure for guests of Euro-2012 by means of social services of a portal: sporting events, educational activities, cultural events. Organization of automatized service of support for Euro-2012 guests with geo-referencing through technologies LBS and GPS.
General realized objectives of the project:
- Provision of information about Euro-2012 schedule and course of events,
- Representation of the latest news, connected with Euro,
- Sale of tickets to the matches of Euro-2012, held in Ukraine,
- Information concerning cultural and recreational events.
- Safety (guard, escort),
- Medical care,
- Legal services.
- Cartographical representation and navigation within Kyiv territory
- Informational search of objects with a cartographical representation
- Providing a search of routes and transport availability
- Representation of traffic congestion
- Poviding a webcasting of matches
- Live broadcast from online-camera, located in Kyiv fan-zone
- Integration in social networks
- Poviding a functioning of a portal on mobile devices like a Handheld and a mobile phone.
The system is created on the base of unified means of computer technics and operating systems, instrumental means of programming and DBMS with open codes and a free license.
User interface is consistent with the standards of Common user interface (CUA - Common User Access) Windows 2000/Windows XP.