Geoportal of the State Geodetic Network of Ukraine is a component of geospatial data national infrastructure, assigned to support an interoperability of different geospatial data on the base of unitary coordinate base of Ukraine usage.
Totality of geoportal of SGN geoinformational services provides the following in an online mode:
- - general acquaintance of users with the State Geodetic Network of Ukraine;
- - access to an information about the State Geodetic reference coordinate system USK-2000 and passports of regional local coordinate systems, generated from coordinate system USK-2000;
- - acquaintance with a location of geodetic points on the certain territory;
- - obtaining of references about technical characteristics of geodetic points;
- - possibility to select from the list of points to formalize an order to get exact coordinates in due course;
- - accomplishment of coordinate operations of coordinates transformation and conversion from different coordinate systems to other;
- - providing a feedback with users to get an additional information about a point, in particular about a point condition, ways to travel to this destination, photos of its location and so on.
Geoportal of SGN is elaborated with an upholding of the following principles:
- - complying with international ISO 19100 series standards “Geographic Information / Geomatics” and with The Open Geospatial Consortium standards;
- - using of international experience of Geodetic reference coordinate systems introduction and taking into account European Union Directive 2007/2/EC INSPIRE – Infrastructure for Spatial Information in the European Community and EuroGeographics geoinformational services – European association of national cartography, geodesy and cadastral services;
- - usage of strict mathematical methods of providing coordinate operations of coordinates transformation and conversion.
Geoportal supports forming and visualization of electronic maps with such main layers: electronic topographic maps with a 1:100 000 scale; information about geodetic points of the State Geodetic Network of 1-4 classes; leveling points of І та ІІ classes; information about lineal-angled construction of geodetic networks of 1-4 classes; frames of trapeziums due to international ruling of sheets of a topographic map; boundaries of Ukraine administrative-territorial units; satellite images on Ukraine territory from cartographical service of a "Microsoft Bing Maps" company. Geoportal contains geodetic calculator, which provides transformation and conversion of coordinates in systems SK-42, SK-63, USK-2000, WGS 84.